Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fundamentals?

Luis Castillo you should be ashamed of yourself, plain and simple. From day one you learn to use two hands when you catch a pop-up. I simply cannot stand watching these so-called professional baseball players showboat and use one hand to catch a pop-up (see Jones, Andruw). They all do it and I can't wait for every single one of them to get burned.

Luis, you are first. Your closer did all that was expected against one of the best hitters in baseball. He popped him up with the tying run on second. To give him that kind of an effort and not give him he save that he earned is deplorable. Again, Luis you should be ashamed of yourself. There is absolutely no excuse for you dropping that ball. You are a professional and easy pop-ups are meant to be caught.

If I was Jerry Manuel I'd bench you for the rest of the series. Let Cora play 2nd and Valdez play short, I could care less at this point. You do not deserve to play professional baseball for awhile. And while you sit in the dugout watching your team play, try and teach Delgado a little something about using two hands, I think he needs the help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment