Thursday, May 21, 2009

A note on the 2009 New York Mets

Despite being a Mets fan for my entire life, this team of 2009 has me believing that it will be the third year in a row of disappointment in Flushing. You can say all you want about injuries and the so-called lack of an edge, but the fact of the matter is that this team just is not as good as Omar or anyone else involved in the organization thinks it is. With the exception of David Wright and Carlos Beltran no one can consistently put the ball in play, and with out Johan Santana the pitching staff would be comparable to that of the Colorado Rockies.
I love this team, but I find myself nit-picking at them now, which is something I have never really done. I have lost all faith in Omar and Jerry to have this team get the job done. They failed to go out and make a big move inthe offseason to bolster the lineup. Now I'm not saying they should have gotten Manny, in fact I was strongly opposed to it, but they should have attempted to make a move to make that lineup better.
This was a team that was supposed to compete for a potential World Series. But the only way this team will win a World Series is if they take a road trip to Williamsport, PA. But even then I'd take the kids from Chinese Taipei.
I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment